Retail Store Associate
We are seeking two Retail Store Associates to serve customers in our brand new Weaver Leather Supply Store, which will be opening this fall. We are looking for individuals that have a passion for providing world-class customer service and enjoy seeing projects come to life through the art of leather crafting. This is a unique opportunity to obtain hands on training and experience with our leather supply products. This experience creates the opportunity to assist customers as the primary contact as they purchase materials to create their own leather craft projects.
Responsibilities to include:
- Welcome and assist walk in customers to the retail store by taking orders, offering product recommendations, helping customers with project questions and setting up new wholesale accounts.
- Handle cash transactions, balance petty cash drawer and submit cash / credit card receipts at the end of each shift.
- Ability and desire to maintain detailed, hands on working knowledge of the weaver supply and leathercraft product line to better understand the products, how they are used and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Trouble shoot product issues such as proper use, sizing, product care and maintenance.
- Resolve customer complaints in store. Ensure that proper customer service is delivered with each customer interaction.
- Increase sales dollars via walk-in customer and phone, e-mail orders by promoting sales flyers, in-house specials, cross-selling and up-selling products.
- Ensure that shelves and bins are clean and stocked with inventory; assist in setting up new merchandising displays.
- Ability to work an occassional night or weekend to assist with workshops.
Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator with a heart to serve customers. Previous experience in a customer service/retail sales environment is a plus.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package as well as a terrific, team-oriented work environment.