Weaver Leather is looking for an Accounting Controller to join our team.
Responsibilities to include:
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting and accounts payable functions.
- Train, develop, serve and mentor accounting employees by coordinating and implementing activities and educational programs that assure employees are utilizing effective practices and techniques to generate maximum production, efficiency, accuracy and customer satisfaction both internal and external.
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes and technologies.
- Perform all month-end and year-end processing and reporting including preparation of financial statements.
- Providing management with information and recommendations vital to the decision-making process.
- Work with CFO and other managers to prepare the annual financial and capital expenditure budget.
- Evaluating and updating accounting and internal control systems. Develop an in depth knowledge of the ERP system to assist with problem solving and future upgrades.
- Developing, preparing and monitoring business performance metrics.
- Assist, coordinate or prepare regulatory compliance reporting and filings including payroll, sales and income tax.
- Coordinating activities of external auditors as part of annual audits.
- Assist with managing banking and finance relationships along with 401K and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Assist CFO with board reporting and quarterly presentations.
- Assist CFO with special projects and strategic analysis related to acquisitions, budgets, expenses, pricing, margins, etc.
- Ability to work out of our Mt Hope office.
Our ideal applicant will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of proven accounting experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency in a Windows environment to include Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package as well as a terrific, team-oriented work environment.